Missive:

I'm commited to working in this blog. In sharing the adventures I have as I venture into art, craft, life and healing from the deep scars of severe depression. I'm happy you're here looking and sharing in what is my small world.



Monday, August 15, 2011

More Photo challenge catch up!

Photochallenge 001

Something new: My Lipton’s Tea mug , purchased at Good Will in State College for a whopping 29 cents. Holds the perfect amount of coffee and I love the colors!

Photochallenge 015

From a Distance: The Demolition Derby at the Huntingdon County fair. Definitely a perfect outing for an 11 year old boy! Mom enjoyed it too though….I was most impressed by a ‘78 volkswagon rabbit that lasted the entire time!

 Photochallenge 006

Close up: My grandfather. He’s 75 year old and I love him dearly. He was my first boss at my first job and always a good friend. I hated it when they moved away from us. I wish their visits lasted longer.

Photochallenge 011

Childhood memory: This isn’t MY childhood memory…but hopefully it will be one for Simon. Spending time with Grandpa (papa) and great-grandpa (Grandpa) at the fair. Being together. Being happy. Knowing he’s so well loved….

Photochallenge 039

Something I made: My hand bound “better than moleskine” journal. Is it better? Probably not. But I certainly enjoy it more! The covers were once the stiff cardboard back of a sketch pad, decorated with scrapbook papers. The pages are a mix of typing paper, sketch paper, acrylic paper and watercolor paper.

Photochallenge 036

Faceless self portrait: “There was a crooked woman and she had a crooked back…” my back problems start from the feet up. See that there? That’s some serious flat foot/fallen arches mess going on. Add to that scoliosis. I’m a curvy gal!

No comments:

Post a Comment