Missive:

I'm commited to working in this blog. In sharing the adventures I have as I venture into art, craft, life and healing from the deep scars of severe depression. I'm happy you're here looking and sharing in what is my small world.



Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A return to the blog-o-sphere

Yes, I am returning after a brief respite from being wordy, witty and wise. My life has cumulated once again into chaos, careening carelessly through an array of changes. Mostly for the better but some have been a bit hard.

For instance, my telecommuter status was temporarily revoked, leaving me almost no time not spent commuting to and fro across the state of PA in a state of drudgery known as work. This was all a result of a power trip by my curly headed boss lady who likes to flex her authority. It makes her feel better about herself. She’s not really smart, you see, and I am, so she takes it out on me. Or at least that’s how I like to imagine it, in my poorly self esteemed state. At any rate she decided my work was ‘inadequate” and made me go back into the office for a month to redeem myself. But never fear, blog readers. I’ve returned for the time back to home, feeling more chaffed than humbled and more irritated than corrected.

Secondly, I moved. Back in with my folks. Oh yes. Oh boy. Why, would I undertake such an undertaking, you ask? I’m 31 years old! “GET a damn job and support yourself!” I can hear you screaming it as you read. Well, it’s not that at all. See, they need goes the other way. My folks need ME. Failing health, failing grandparental health and multiple special needs kids running amuck and it’s to much to handle on my menopausal mother’s nerves, so I came back in to try to create a measure of calm control…..or something like that. Partly too, the move was aimed at Simon. As I’ve blogged before, he’d chosen previously to live here, at home with grandma and grandpa as opposed to living with me. Well, this weighed on me more an more and I decided that my being here was the best solution, rather than forcing him to move back ‘home’. So here I am, in a house with, at this time, 8 people. Two parents, two grandparents, two sisters, my son and myself. Oh, and two dogs of differing temperaments. It’s a blast! Really, it is. It’s busy and chaotic but there’s support and love by the barrelful.

So, that’s what I’ve been up to these past few months. Trying to tread water, trying to participate in NaNoWriMo, trying to find a niche of time to call my own, to art journal and sketch. It’s been a busy few months, but I’m glad to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment