Missive:

I'm commited to working in this blog. In sharing the adventures I have as I venture into art, craft, life and healing from the deep scars of severe depression. I'm happy you're here looking and sharing in what is my small world.



Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day #2

“Dress to lace up shoes”

Okay, I did this. I got dressed this morning, I “did” my hair. (Washed, brushed, pulled into a pony tail). But I’m still not done with my sink. I know….but you have NO idea how bad my dishes were. Good, the bad and the ugly right? I hadn’t DONE my dishes completely….for a while. Why am I posting this stuff? WHY am I opening myself to this sort of virtual humiliation?

I did some soul searching. I decided to treat it not as something to be “ashamed” of, but as something I’m HEALING from. It’s part of depression, part of anxiety disorder. It’s part of ME.

So…it’s only day two. I’ll get the dishes finished up tonight. I will do this.

1 comment:

  1. I have found (because Sly made me, lol) that having a clean "area" makes me feel so much less anxious. And when I say clean, I don't mean uncluttered, I have got WAY too much crap for there not to be clutter. But I like being organized these days. Having the stove top clean for when I decide I want to cook, not having a dryer full of clothes, when I have to wash Sylvesters diapers, etc. It just makes it easier for me. ((hugs)) Good job! I got up and got dressed this am too, because of this, even though I knew I wasn't going anywhere.

    ReplyDelete