Missive:

I'm commited to working in this blog. In sharing the adventures I have as I venture into art, craft, life and healing from the deep scars of severe depression. I'm happy you're here looking and sharing in what is my small world.



Monday, April 4, 2011

I shouldn’t blog so angrily…

After the last post (I’m leaving it up!) I got to thinking I should be more positive. So here’s what I’ve finished, my “better than a moleskine” journal:

DSC00255

This is NOT coptic stitch binding…it only wants to be. this is my own messed up version, AKA “I put the needle WHERE?” binding.

DSC00256

The cover used to live life as a piece of cardboard backing for a sketchpad. It’s wonderfully sturdy. I covered it in scrap paper that I got at walmart…the whole scrap pad was only FIVE BUCKS! Gotta love cheap.

DSC00257

The paper is a mixture…some of it is ‘acrylic’ paper, some watercolor paper and some computer paper. I got the acrylic and watercolor papers in pads purchased at Ollies for about $2 a piece. Not bad!

The binding is a bit tight I think because the books tends to pop open a little. But all in all I’m very happy with how it came out! It’s a bit bigger than the moleskine but not much and much more cost effective!

No comments:

Post a Comment