Missive:

I'm commited to working in this blog. In sharing the adventures I have as I venture into art, craft, life and healing from the deep scars of severe depression. I'm happy you're here looking and sharing in what is my small world.



Friday, June 24, 2011

From the profane to the mundane

I figured out what was wrong with me. Don’t laugh, blog readers….I had a bad case of PMS. Of course, how would I know that’s the case? I lack a uterus and I was NEVER ever regular. But I think now, that’s what it was. Wild mood swings and all. Wowee, I guess maybe I need to get back on the cohosh?

Well, here is some PMS inspired artwork:

DSC00356

Clearly…I was entitled to a few days of “FTW” ranting and raving!

And here’s something I made last night, with a bit of a clearer head:

DSC00359

I experimented with some wild colors on her face to see if I could make myself like it. I do! I really like how it came out, split right down the middle. I’m considering “Splitting headache” for the title, but I couldn’t bring myself to add any words or stamps to her. I like the purity of the background I think…contrasted with the white circles. I think I’ll leave her just as she is…..a bit of a clean thought after this weeks wild and overly emotional ride.

No, the ride’s not over. I’m a hormonal being still. I’m a woman. I have feelings. I have crap happening in my world. I still think I’m going to let it all hang out there, for the sake of healing and moving forward…..or at least…some of it.

Thanks for bearing with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment