Missive:

I'm commited to working in this blog. In sharing the adventures I have as I venture into art, craft, life and healing from the deep scars of severe depression. I'm happy you're here looking and sharing in what is my small world.



Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Wants and Needs

This was an art journal prompt from the Journal Fodder Junkies Blog. I thought maybe I’d address it in writing. Wants and needs. Sometimes it’s hard to differentiate the difference, isn’t it. For instance, I want some golden fluid paints. I don’t NEED them really, I have a nice stash of craft paints I can make work for my current amusements. I want some sock yarn, I don’t NEED it, as I have plenty of DK weight yarn on hand I should use instead. I want….I want to accomplish something that I struggle for, order in my home. I need it? I’m living currently without it but it haunts me. I need a new fridge. That’s pretty basic for needs, right? Cold food? I want a new TV. The one I have is getting old but it works…not a need at all. I want a TV in my room, again…not a need.

I think I get carried away between the two, not truly following what my real needs are and overdoing my wants. I need to scale back and take a simpler approach but it’s HARD. I have tendencies to…hoard. The more I try to correct it, the harder it becomes. Maybe one of my needs is…more therapy for that. I’m functioning but not at maximum capacity right now. Maybe I NEED to do that…

No comments:

Post a Comment