Missive:

I'm commited to working in this blog. In sharing the adventures I have as I venture into art, craft, life and healing from the deep scars of severe depression. I'm happy you're here looking and sharing in what is my small world.



Saturday, December 17, 2011

A face a day will keep the doctor away?

If you read here at all, you know that I’m going through my obsession with the BHG (Big headed girl). I’ve now taken a few varying classes on how to draw the BHG in various poses and levels of realism. I’m in no way…good when it comes to drawing a face, so I rely on my art being…folky. And amateurish. That being said, they say drawing is not a skill that people are born talented at, but rather a skill you require. So, I intend to work on acquiring it to a better level. I’m going to expand my love of the BHG and try to tackle a new years challenge. I want to try to draw a face a day, every day, in 2012. I guess I’ll also share my faces here. I don’t think it needs to be any formal focus but I’d like to try varying techniques to see if I can’t hit on what feels comfortable in my approach to learning. I’ve never tried sketching from life so..why not? Blind contour? Fantasy? BHGs and BHBs? I’d also like to extend a welcome to anybody who would like to join along with me in this to jump in and dash some ideas. Maybe we could start an informal “Face” group? A facebook “face” page? Ha! okay…that might be a bit grand in thinking but…always an idea!

Lemme know what you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment