Missive:

I'm commited to working in this blog. In sharing the adventures I have as I venture into art, craft, life and healing from the deep scars of severe depression. I'm happy you're here looking and sharing in what is my small world.



Thursday, January 6, 2011

The art of SiLlinESs

Me and my Girlfriend joined an online drawing class hosted by Carla Sonheim http://carlasonheim.com. I’m really excited about it! If I COULD, I’d post my efforts but for now, I’m still waiting to be able to purchase my memory card for my shiny new camera! (It’s payday tomorrow! YAY!)

I need a class like this. Something to help me just relax and practice drawing in a fun way! I LOVE love love love Carla’s book, Drawing Lab. I haven’t gotten all the way through it, but it was exactly what I was looking for.

I have NO drawing skills. None. I’m not kidding. NONE. I’m new to this whole world of art, as I’ve said before. Though I’m having a ton of fun smearing paint on a page and collaging, drawing still makes me nervous. I’m so excited about this approach. What’s there to be nervous about? It’s all about slowing working your hands and your brain together so they both behave and produce results that are pleasing, right? It’s all a journey in learning to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment