Missive:

I'm commited to working in this blog. In sharing the adventures I have as I venture into art, craft, life and healing from the deep scars of severe depression. I'm happy you're here looking and sharing in what is my small world.



Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bob and Cleo

I adore sock monkeys. I really do! I’m falling in love with all stuffed monkeys as well, maybe I’ll start a collection? Here is Cleo and Bob.

DSC00402

Cleo, the striped sock monkey, was a gift from my sisters when I had my hysterectomy. I adore her purple stripes! (Purple is my FAVORITE color!) Bob is a new member of our family, he came to me from the wilds of Amazon (.com) as a gift from my GF! I LOVE him. He’s fluffy and furry and he makes Cleo immensely happy, obviously! Look at Cleo’s moony googly eyes! She’s in love!

Okay, so you may or may not know that Borders Books and Music is going out of business. I spent a LOT of money at borders in my time, but apparently, it wasn’t enough. I do admit to being a part of the downfall of the book empire, as I’ve converted to being an Amazon.com lover and Kindle ADDICT since my move to middle of nowhere PA. But that’s another story….

Wednesday I had to go down to do some work in my office, all they way down in Harrisburg (65 miles from home!) I decided to reward myself for the trip by visiting the local Borders to check out their “everything must go” sales. Here is what I came home with:

DSC00407

I love Somerset, I do! But most of the time I just can’t bring myself to drop the $15.99 they want for some of their special publications. But Borders had ALL of their magazines on sale for 40% off! So I went wild and bought…well…obviously a lot! The books were 10% off, which isn’t fantastic but still…all in all I spent just over $100 and I think I got a pretty good HAUL!

And as a complete aside, has anybody ever had this happen to them?

DSC00394

Word to the wise? DON’T keep your carbonated beverages in the car “for convenience when you go into work” when it’s 95 degrees out! At least it was sparkling water with no sweetener and not soda….

No comments:

Post a Comment