Missive:

I'm commited to working in this blog. In sharing the adventures I have as I venture into art, craft, life and healing from the deep scars of severe depression. I'm happy you're here looking and sharing in what is my small world.



Monday, July 25, 2011

I needed a treat

Today was an awful day. Not really but it felt like it was. Emotionally for me anyway. So, I decided to make myself a special dinner in my newly cleanish kitchen.

DSC00390

The most wonderful bag of mixed greens in the world….Kale, salad savoy and some other bits of wonderful stuff that has yellow, red and purple stalks. I sautéed this with hot pepper flakes, olive oil, salt, pepper and chicken stock. Then added a hearty tablespoon of apple cider vinegar at the end. This I paired with:

DSC00391

A big piece of WILD caught Alaskan salmon. You know…the GOOD stuff from the deli counter that costs a fortune? Not terrible if you’re only buying one piece though. I cooked this simply, skin side down in a skillet with olive oil. Salt and pepper. Cook until done. Perfect. Why mess with it?

I think for desert I’ll have two or three chips ahoy cookies and call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment