Missive:

I'm commited to working in this blog. In sharing the adventures I have as I venture into art, craft, life and healing from the deep scars of severe depression. I'm happy you're here looking and sharing in what is my small world.



Wednesday, August 24, 2011

“Remind me how I forgot to be brave….”

~Shipwreck by Chris Pureka

Ah, how I love Chris Pureka….her lyrics haunt me. Today in particular this song makes me thing about how I often cower in my own little world, hiding from the outer world at large. It’s easy to do. I work at home so my contact with coworkers is limited to email and phone calls. A lot of my ‘friendships’ are online. Even my longstanding, 8 year romance has been carried out online….I live far to much in a virtual world and not enough in the real world. I think I struggle with agoraphobia as part of my depression/anxiety, but no doctor has ever confirmed that. I can go out of my house right? I just..prefer not to. Ah well. I’m not really in a bad mood today, that song had just come on through itunes shuffle and made me pensive.

So here are my doodles from yesterday and today:

DSC00624

Favorite animal: I don’t know if an owl if my favorite but I am, of late, fascinated with them. I love that old 70’s/80’s style owls are making a comeback. They are fantastic predatory animals, full of symbolism and mystery and Magick….

I did this very simply, sticking to the “Doodle” idea in an effort not to overcomplicate things. It’s pen, pencil and crayola crayon. He’s rather dashing, isn’t he?

DSC00625

Favorite food: Is coffee a food group? It should be. Just saying. More crayon and pencil. Quick. Fun. Simple.

1 comment:

  1. I luff ur doodles. The owl is fantastic. He has a definitely cuteness that's irresistible. I love the 70's owls! I embroidered one on a denim shirt...oh so far and long ago...

    ReplyDelete