Missive:

I'm commited to working in this blog. In sharing the adventures I have as I venture into art, craft, life and healing from the deep scars of severe depression. I'm happy you're here looking and sharing in what is my small world.



Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Photo Challenge…I haven’t given up on you!

I know, I’ve been distracted with sketching and…cooking. But I haven’t given up on completing the photo challenge! I’m rather enjoying it, in fact!

DSC00634

Pretty Pattern: This is my ripple-a-long blanket that I am making with Holly on Ravelry. No, I’m not any further than this. Why? Because it’s summer and…..yeah. That’s my story.

DSC00635

What I read: A Dance with Dragons! I drug this book out as LONG as I could…because I didn’t want it to be over, knowing there will now be a wait for the next installment. It was worth every single drawn out moment. I adored it…even though it was highly critiqued for not moving the story along further. I loved it. I’m frightened for Jon Snow and Dany Targaryen. I’m oddly rooting for Cersei Lannister…that she’s NOT as beaten down as she seems. I’m pondering Varys’ motives…I’m sad it’s over! (Oh by the way…My Kindle…AWESOME!)

DSC00638

Trees: This tree is on the side of my building, right next to the wall and has grown HUGELY wild, considering the proximity of it to the building. I don’t mind it, but down the line it’s roots are bound to cause some havoc to the support of the building. It’s beautiful though!

DSC00639

Sunflare: More of my wild tree and Good morning Sun!

Derekvisit 8-11 132

A smile: My mother has the most beautiful of smiles. So does my Grandmother, but she smiles so rarely.

DSC00610

Something Old: I’m using this for a “journal”. Or..I want to. the pages are slick coated with a protective covering so the paint is doing interesting things, like..sliding! The book is beautiful by itself though, really. Maybe I can use the cover for something…

And this photo is completely random:

DSC00637

My neighbor is adorable! He’s about my age. He’s got a tiny little potted garden going on our shared back patio. The trouble is, he’s gone a lot! I don’t know where he goes, but he is gone for days at a time it seems. Thus his little garden is sad! This is one of the beautiful cucumbers he’s grown, a bit overgrown as you can see, for the variety. I snuck out to snap a picture of it and heard him hocking up something in his kitchen through the window. Hahahahaha…I wonder if he thought  I was stealing it? Nope..it was just to cute not to notice!

No comments:

Post a Comment