Missive:

I'm commited to working in this blog. In sharing the adventures I have as I venture into art, craft, life and healing from the deep scars of severe depression. I'm happy you're here looking and sharing in what is my small world.



Thursday, December 16, 2010

" In the real-time world no one sees her at all..."

~Maniac by Michael Sembello

I am terribly self conscience about some things. One of them is people commenting or criticizing what I'm eating. Recently, I started on the Atkin's Diet in an effort to help my mother lose weight. Her doctor reccomended it, telling her that if she didn't loose weight she'd be dead in ten years (She has horrible asthma and scoliosis). So we started the diet together a month ago. Well, if you've ever looked at the REAL atkins diet, it involves a decent amount of fat. I've been doing it religiously.

And that's all well and good!

Until the comments started up at work.

"Wow, I wish *I* could eat like that!"
" Golly, Jen....cream? Really?"

Now, what I want to say is "Look turkey, just because I'm fat doesn't mean I'm stupid. I'm following this diet AS IT'S WRITTEN." But I don't say anything. Just nod and hurry up to shove my cream container back in the fridge, rushing off with my coffee in shame. Why is it anybody's business what I put into my body, healthy or unhealthy? I am making some hard core sacrifices to stick to this diet and I have some HARD CORE weight to lose. But that's my concern. Not theirs.

Okay, rant over. For anybody interested in know...I've lost 25 pounds so far this month. If you're REALLY interested....I have 125 more to lose. I wasn't kidding when I said 'hard core'. Wanna be my cheerleader?

No comments:

Post a Comment